Re: Metal Repousse with 4th Graders

---------

From: Donald Peters (softsnow_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 06:16:46 PST

I just finished metal repousse with 3rd graders. We were studying relief
sculpture and this was the closest I could come. I had them draw a picture
of an animal, then we transferred that to the metal. They had to add
appropriate texture and a border around the edge. We used either tempera
paint or india ink to cover them. Used paper towels to buff off the black.

AFTER we were finished my student teacher told me we should have used steel
wool (THANKS!).

They turned out great... If I ever figure out how to run the new settings to
post pictures on our district server, I'll post some...

Donald Peters