Re: Metal Repousse with 4th Graders

---------

From: linda (lwoods_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 04:55:55 PST

Re: cleaning metal
Pumice and steel wool would remove the grease from the metal and kids
could do that themselves as part of the process.

I need your help if there are any jewelers out there. Have you ever used
PNP paper to etch with? If so, do you know of an alternative heating
method besides using an iron? I used a photo drymount press with PERFECT
success every time when I was taking jewelry at the Museum School. The
iron is "iffy". I would like to buy a drymount press, but they are pretty
pricey. If anyone else is doing this with any success, I'd love to hear
from you. I heard about someone who used an electric skillet with the
metal sandwiched between two other pieces of metal. THat sounds like it
might work. Of course, I don't own an electric skillet! I'm just trying
to find a few more success stories out there. THe temperature range for
success is between 250 and 275 degrees, I think.

---