Beware - Virus in email message

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 11:19:21 PST

I know we have discussed email viruses often on this list.....but here is
one more caution. I received an email virus this morning that was contained
in the body of the email as well as the attachment. Fortunately, it was an
older virus and my Norton caught it and I deleted it right away. Beware of
all email that come with an attachment (unless you have asked it to be
sent). I never open an attachment until I run a virus scan (save file to
desktop)- With this email - Norton kicked in when I just opened the email.
I recognized the name of the sender as someone I have emailed from this
list at one time or another. Sorry, I didn't save the name or the name of
the virus -- I am just glad it didn't mess up my machine - Everything
checked out OK- no viruses- no problems.

This virus came in an email without a subject -- just RE: -- so if you get
any messages containing an attachment without subject -- or with RE: --
delete without opening the email. It is best to be cautious.

Judy Decker

---