Re: Diverse Learning Needs

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 24 2002 - 14:09:35 PST

I don't know of any sites or literature to share, but I don't alter my assignments for any of my students. When I teach I hit on the top 3 learning styles - I show them what to do as I tell them what I'm doing, then they do it (visual, audio, kinesthetic). My students are successful because I expect THEIR best. But then again, I teach in a mono-culture, with the only diversity being some L.D. and B.D. students mixed in. :-)
~Michal
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids
  I am currently a student teacher and my technology competencies are due to be completed soon. I am wondering, what are some ways that you meet diverse learning needs in your classrooms? Do you give different students totally different assignments and/or teach for different learning styles? Does anyone have any internet sites on diverse learning needs?