Traditional Costumes

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 24 2002 - 11:03:57 PST

I am working on a grant to combine art and music to teach a culture. I am
focusing (for 5th & 6th grades) on the geographic regions that are already
taught in the social studies curriculum, but centering around cultures that
seem to get missed. For example, 6th grade studies ancient Egypt, so I am
focusing on other areas of Egypt, same for 5th grade and Central/South
America. 3rd grade is going to study Australia since it doesn't get touched
upon at all as far as I can tell, and I'm tossing around Russian or Asian
art for 4th. I plan to have some students in traditional costumes, some
students dressed as animals of their area, and I'm open for other ideas (on
the whole thing!). The music teacher is very flexible on all this. Does
anyone know where I can find traditional costumes so I can budget them in? I
plan to have 1 female & 1 male costume per country (don't want to go
overboard!). TIA! :-)
~Michal
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids