How about Clay hands

---------

From: Kathleen Shilson (kshilson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 24 2002 - 11:06:18 PST

My high school group are really excited about making creative hands out of
clay.. of course they have to hollow them once they are leather hard.. so
far the results are cool. I showed/talked of the creative hands Audguste
Rodin did.. history lesson here.. I asked the students to show me how can
hands can look sad, happy angry etc. I modeled a hand in clay for them.. We
started with a ball of clay about the size of a baseball- not a softball as
this would take-up to much of my clay.. the students started with building
the base, wrist and worked up towards the fingers.. and so on..
Wayne S