Clay Projects

---------

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 24 2002 - 07:30:12 PST

I am bored with the simple pinch, slab, and coil projects. They all turn
into simple vases, bowls, or trash containers. I have even tried the
abstract approach but still get nothing. Anyone have any exciting
approaches for Art I students.

I just got back from our Regional VASE competition. A lot more sculptures
in clay this year. Was excited about what I saw. But how do you approach
non interested students to this. I am fighting the " we got to do what we
wanted to in Middle School" syndrome. I want it to relate to history,
etc. I am getting the "Art Isn't Fun like it use to me". I need some
advise here.

Jackie Aust
Bryan Texas
austart@bryanisd.org