Re: clay rattles

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 23 2002 - 07:19:23 PST

I do clay rattles with my 7th graders. We do pigs and I tie them in to the
current trend with the New York/Chicago/KS City cows, Cinncinati pigs, etc
etc. We make our pinch pots, then I have the students make 8 - 10 little
balls of clay and wrap each in a bit of paper towel to keep them from
sticking together. The paper burns off in the kiln. You can see them at
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids/middleschool/claypig.html
~Michal