Glazing wind chimes...?

---------

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 23 2002 - 06:17:44 PST

Okay...my turn to learn something here. I have my 8th graders making some
wind chimes with clay consisting of a pinchpot with trailers of varying
shapes.

A simple project, but one I've not done before...and I'm trying to envision
how to glaze two sides of a small flat object. We used discarded soup cans
to cut out shapes from thin slabs, and made other shapes as well.

Seems anything you'd use to prop one side off the kiln shelf it would stick
to, or gravity and heat would see the glaze slide/drip off. Any secrets
here? I'm sure its simple, and maybe that's my problem! hee hee heeee.....
-Larry

---