Re: artsednet digest: February 22, 2002

---------

From: Kevan Nitzberg (knitzber_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jan 03 1904 - 06:32:54 PDT

The fees in my district are applied based on our ability to charge students
for 'consumable' materials (i.e. paint supplies, sketchbooks, erasers,
etc.), which help to create products (artwork) that they take home with
them. We apply a base $10 per student fee at the high school level in every
art class that they take. This represents approximately 50 % of what is
budgeted for each art student. Other areas in the curriculum also apply
fees based on budgetary needs or services, i.e. shop classes, sports, etc.

Kevan

> Subject: are you public schools/ re fees
> From: "Menninghaus Randy" <india99@infi.net>
> Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 7:18:34 -0500
>
> ------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8
>

> As you all reply to the strand about fees... the schools with art fees.
> ....are you public ? In the school just across the river from us, the
> students are not expected to buy anything. You cannot ask them to even buy
> a notebook. Our school is more flexible, but I would appreciate feed back on
> the
> public vs private component.

---