Arts in Education

---------

From: willow hemphill (kaleidoworks_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 22 2002 - 14:52:23 PST

Hello Teachers!!!
     I am an artist and entrepreneur in Austin, Texas.
I have been quite delighted by the letters I've been
reading (and saving) after signing up to the getty's
weblist. I have experienced great joy in some of the
letter's i've been reading, as well as finding out
'what's going on in your world' so to speak. I want to
help teachers and children in any way I can!!! I have
a story everyone should read!
http://communities.msn.com/willowswebspace
     Also, if you haven't heard of Constructivism, now
is a good time for every teacher to read more about
it!! The Disney Learning Partnership has a great site!
http://www.thirteen.org/edonline/concept2class/month2/
     Initially, my goal was, as an artist, to get
permission to bring my program, 'KaleidoWorks' into
schools. I quickly realized there was more to be done
in the way of 'constructivist' programs in schools,
and as well, I need funding for my project aids
(coloring books and t-shirts). I am very eager to
complete my coloring book and step foot in the
classroom and would love any help or feedback you
might have!
     The internet has given us an extreemely valuable
communication resource we should not take for granted.
I really like Frank's site - www.wetcanvas.com. We can
commnunicate with eachother using the internet to
reach out to children, parents, communities and
businesses to fund programs that will benefit the
community and boost morale in schools. Feel free to
send any ideas or comments! Your efforts everyday in
the classroom are beyond reputable and I salute you
all for your fortitude and determination in making
tomorrow a better place for today's children.
Sincerely,
Willow Hemphill
KaleidoWorks