Re: modge podge

---------

From: lindacharlie (lindacharlie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 22 2002 - 14:14:17 PST

"Jeryl W. Hollingworth" wrote:

> .. I don't have much experience with printing and
> can't think of a way to imitate screen printing with 5th graders.

Once in a summer art program I remember "screen printing" by cutting a shape
from paper saving both the positive and negative. Attach the negative
"window" to the underneath side of a silk screen with masking tape circles
(so the tape is under the paper). Then squegee the ink (paint?) over the
screen to print the positive shape. this is good for a few prints before the
paper gets soggy. When the prints are dry, repeat the process with the
positive shape to print the background color...I should mention you have to
be careful to register the images.
So maybe this process might help you get the backgrounds you're looking
for???

Linda in Michigan where the daffodils are getting buds!!!

---