quick lesson

---------

From: JPeterson-Shea (jpeterso_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 22 2002 - 06:57:23 PST

One lesson that would not be difficult is a "self portrait" but not in
the usual sence. I have the kids use mixed media. Most opt for
collage, but I do require them to draw something also. It is about
themselves and must show a well rounded person. I talk about book
characters and how some are flat and some are well developed. I also
remind them of the elements and principals stressing unity. It has to
be school appropreate. No gang, tobacco, alcohol, or nudity. They best
part is that they are all experts on the topic. I have had some really
neat ones. Sand from the lake because they like to go fishing, pictures
of their family, candy wrapers from their favorite snacks. . . I'm sure
that you get the idea. The only limit is the students imagination.

Julie

---