Re: file extensions mac and pc files

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 19:49:05 PST

A friend just sent me an excel file from her PC. I saved it to
the desktop of my little i-Mac two ways. (with and without extension)
My i-Mac opens either one. Does this mean that the Mac is smarter
because it knows what's what without an extension ?

What's so frustrating about a PC is when I look for files it does not show
me everything in a folder. Often the folder looks empty unless you direct
it to show files with certain extensions or "show all files". Why design
it this way ?
                                                                Woody in KC

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail