Re: Emergency Value Drawing Plans....

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 20:11:03 PST

This idea sparked one that I used before - give the students a list of 10 -
12 items (their hand, a symbol, a heart, a triangle, etc) and have them
create a composition that contains all items listed, goes off the paper on 3
edges, shows shading, or whatever elements you wish to focus on. The kids
like it since they can add a creative twist, and most of them end up looking
pretty good! :-) I do a similiar lesson for 5th grade, but my focus is
different.
~Michal
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

> Barb---From one art teacher who was out after knee surgery, my advice is
> to rest up and don't go back too soon! Here is a good project that a
> sub can easily direct:
> This drawing will allow the viewer to get to know the student artist::
> 1. The student will lightly outline with pencil his/her hand on white
> paper.
> 2. Inside the hand outline, the student will draw pictures, words,
> symbols that
> tells something about them....like sports, music, friends, etc.The
> drawn images
> should fill in the areas of the fingers and palm.
> 3. The drawing looks great when outlined with fine point marker.
> 4. The original outline of the hand should NOT be gone over with
> marker. If the
> drawings fill up the spaces of the hand, the image of the hand will
> appear.
> Hope this makes sense! Rest up. Jean in Michigan

---