Re: Glue bottles

---------

From: Jerry Vilenski (jvilensk_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 19:27:02 PST

I used to have the same problems with chewed up and damaged glue bottle tips that other readers have had, but I have a slightly different solution. First and foremost, I spend a little time during my demonstrations to educate my students about the proper use of the glue bottles, and inform them that if they even think about using a pair of scissors or chewing them, they won't be using glue for a long time! It really does the trick with most of my students (elementary). However, on occasion the bottles get left open and do dry out, so I have saved myself the aggravation and bought a couple of bags of glue lids. I got them from an art vendor like Sax, and they are brown in color. Once every two years or so, I replace all the lids--end of problem! Hope this helps,

Jerry

---