Assessment for Jamie

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 12:20:06 PST

Here are three more -- (I already sent two messages to Jamie off list).

Include questions about behavior - Question: How does student behavior and
participation figure into your assessment tools? --or -- What percentage of
your grade is based on behavior and how do you assess
behavior/participation?

Include questions on writing/art criticism -- Question: What percentage of
your grade is based on student writing and art criticism? How do you assess
student writing?

Include a question about "traditional" testing -- Question: Do you give
pencil and paper tests? How much do the tests count towards the final
grade?

My other questions for Jamie:

Question: Do you use rubrics to evaluate art? How do you establish the
criteria? Do you involve
the students in establishing criteria for the rubric?

Question: How do you use self assessment in your classrooms? or How do you
value self
assessment?

I hope others join in to help you Jamie. We have talked about assessment
quite a bit on this list - unfortunately, I just checked the search
archives and those posts do not come up. This should be enough to get
people thinking and "talking".

Judy

---