Re: Supremes say peer grading okay

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 09:05:22 PST

Woody Duncan wrote:

> Thanks for posting this good news. Perhaps not all is lost in
> Washington. I wonder now if the district may ease up on things
> like requiring us to keep grades separate from attendance in
> fear that someone might see a anothers grade.

Woody,

I still don't allow students to see each others' grades in my
gradebook. I have always posted their grades by student number, in
spite of "the law;" I figure if students want to share their student
numbers, that's their choice and they can live with whatever
consequences.

I've always kept my attendance records and grades separate, just so if
one book gets stolen, it's not a total loss.

Maggie

---