Re: What format do I use to go from PC to a Mac

---------

From: Melissa Enderle (melissa_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 06:33:01 PST

Gelato,
I am typing this from a Macintosh Powerbook G4 - you know, the Titanium
Powerbook that is an inch thick. I love it. Now only if it had a DVD
burner....

Although I can't speak for Woody, there might be two things he's talking
about.
One is Virtual PC. This program enables you to run Windows applications
directly on your Mac - essentially a PC inside your Mac. Depending on the
version you buy, you can run Windows 98, 2000, or XP.... You won't get the
speed of the fastest PC, but the newer version should work fine for your
average application.
Or, there's Office 2001. That is Microsoft's suite including Word,
PowerPoint, Excel and Entourage. I have this and use it often. Right now I
am using the trial version of Office X - which is designed for MacOS X. Both
these software programs can be purchased at an educator discount. Look in
the back of MacWorld or other Mac magazines - you will find online companies
that only sell to educators. Or, I'd be happy to give you some that I've
worked with.

Mac OSX - I started using this when I bought my Powerbook at the end of
June. There are significant improvements in version 10.1, which includes the
ability to use my graphics tablet and printers at school. It is a very
elegant, stable system. More and more programs are being rebuilt to work on
the new operating system, but not all are there yet - including Photoshop.
For those, they run using OS 9.x, which is called "Classic" when running
simultaneously with OSX.

Hope this helps!

On 2/21/02 4:30 AM, "wjbaas@execpc.com" <wjbaas@execpc.com> wrote:

> Hi Woody and anyone else familiar with a Mac,
> Been running G3 from home---no computer at school though every other dpt. has
> at
> least 2.( GURRRRRRR)
>
> How expensive and effective is this program?
> Where did you purchase?
> What operating system are you running?
> Have you got OSX yet--difficulties you incurred?
>
> I have the same problem as previously mentioned.
>
> Thanks for your input,
> Gelato
>

>> I'm a Mac person and I bought "Windows 2001 for the Mac".
>
> | Melissa Enderle |
                 /)| melissa@afribone.net.ml |(\
                / )| || \
             __( ( art teacher/ adaptive art /_) ) )__
             \ / \ /
              \ _/ \_ /
              / / \ \
             / / \ \