Re: Copyright & Plagiarism

---------

From: Justin Kramer (justkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 04:20:30 PST

Oh, something that I didn't add. Does copying include themes, concepts and
ideas as well as subjectmatter. For those who love doing a surrealism unit
or encourage students to engage with any other art movement for that matter,
aren't the students then "copying" the ideas and/or concepts of other
artists? Another example is perspective, invented many years ago but not by
the students - aren't they "copying" other artists' ideas. Where do we draw
the line?

Like to here some response to the idea of "intellectual property" not just
"copying" of image in regards to this issue.

Justin

---