Re: Copyright & Plagiarism

---------

From: Marvin P Bartel (marvinpb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 21:04:08 PST

At 06:39 PM 2/20/02 EST, you wrote:
From: Nnaell@aol.com
>I had actually prepared a long windy response to plagurism (pardon
spelling)
>issue...but decided no one need to hear me pontificating!
--------------------------
The same problem happened to me. I encourage you to come back to this, and
share your points with the group. I intend to work on my own "long winded"
stuff, clean it up a bit, and make it a web site essay. It gets long for
an e-mail because it responds to copywork as it relates to so many
arguements. There is the issue of "post-modern", the issue of "the
academic method", the issue "appropriation art", the issue of "Picasso did
it", the issue of "best ways to learn", and issue of "teaching character
and honesty". In my opinion NOT ONE of these can be used to defend
copywork in an art class in K-12. This takes a bit of time and space to
elucidate. When it is ready, I will send a note for those who want to read
the arguments. I will be pleased to get responses to straighten me out.
Marvin

---