RE: Supremes say peer grading okay

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 16:50:47 PST

Maggie - thanks for sharing... maybe there is a fine line between grading
and assessing - I am sensitive to a child receiving a grade evaluating
competency in a subject... only to have the teacher not be able to diagnose
the problem.... just average grades.

I had been watching for the judgment.
Thanks,
Ellen

> The Supreme Court yesterday ruled that having students grade each
> others' papers is acceptable and not a violation of students' privacy.
> Here's a source to get the full story:
>
> http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=578&u=/nm/20020219/ts_nm/c
> ourt_students_dc_2
>
> Maggie