Re: Fw: trips to Italy

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 06:21:12 PST

In a message dated 02/20/2002 12:36:16 AM Eastern Standard Time,
felsecker@insightbb.com writes:

> I am interested in (someday) spending several weeks in Italy, just absorbing
> the culture and painting the beautiful countryside! Have any of you done
> this?

Yes! I did this last summer- spent one glorious month living in Florence! I
was part of a group of artists/art teachers from around the U.S. who took a 3
week workshop at the Santa Reparata Centre in Florence. The school offers
workshops in both painting and printmaking. I spent 3 weeks painting scenes
of the Tuscan countryside- otherwise known as Heaven!

The 3 week course is coordinated by two friends of mine in connection with
the New York State Art Teachers Association: If you are interested contact
Dan Welden, a professional printmaker, for more info at Solarplate@aol.com
and Jessica at jessbayer@erols.com. who will arrange accomodations (apartment
rentals) for you if you decide to take the workshop. Tell them I sent you.

The experience was a dream come true and I recommend it to anyone who is
interested in personal growth and development and likes an adventure.
Susan on Long Island

---