Re: glue bottles

---------

From: Susan Holland (Susan_Holland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 04:13:18 PST

I made a big deal about "glue surgery" and how it should only be performed by
a qualified surgeon. I say I have years of experience as a glue surgeon, so if
the bottle won't work, the kids need to ask me to help. I show the kids
several victims of malpractice (mutilated orange glue tops) and I pull off an
orange top to show them how it's supposed to work. None of the kids who heard
this speech have taken scissors to the glue. I have had to repeat it for the
new kids.

To unstop the bottle, you've got to pull the orange top off and get the dried
or gunky glue out of the orange part or the bottle top. Soaking the orange
part may help, but sometimes surgical instruments like a paper clip may be
needed. ;-) My friend keeps a stash of orange tops that have outlived the
bottles so she can just replace them.

---