Cluckopatra and King Cluck

---------

From: Sandy Bacon (sbacon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 19:36:27 PST

Update. It's been one week since we started the mummification process.
I was afraid when I walked in today, that the room would reeeek!
Amazingly enough, there was no odor!

The fourth graders paraded in anxious to see their hens. I told them to
fling wide the gates, because we had to change the salt. After writing
down observations, I unzipped the bags...again, very little odor...maybe
"wet feathers" like one of my students said. It was cool to watch the
kids examine their shrunken chickens, noting the weight and color
change. We changed the salt (5lbs. 10 ounces for each) and will take
another peek next week. They can't wait to start wrapping!

Of course, the news has filtered down to the younger brothers and
sisters and the younger classes all came in wanting a blow-by-blow
description. Next week, I'm going to ask the fourth grade teacher if
the students can take turns coming down to describe what is going on
with the clucks.

This is turning out okay, so far!

Sandy

---