Re: importing photos/images into powerpoint

---------

From: Marvin P Bartel (marvinpb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 18:40:44 PST

At 07:28 PM 2/19/02 EST, you wrote:
>How does one get a photo/image into powerpoint?
This is what works for me in Windows. Macs work nearly the same.
1. Save the photo as a .jpg on your hard drive.
2. Open a slide in Powerpoint program and save it on your hard drive.
3. While you have a slide showing, go to the top menu of Powerpoint, click
INSERT, then PICTURE, then FROM FILE.
4. This brings up a dialogue box.
5. At the top of the dialog box get the hard drive with the .jpg and click
open the folder with the .jpg
6. Select the .jpg file. Double clicking should make it show up on your
Powerpoint slide.
7. Size it by grabbing a corner with cursor.
8. Move it by grabbing in center of image while it is selected.
9. Click elsewhere on the slide and SAVE.
10. If the picture is not there when you come back, try saving (prior to
adding it to the pp file) the .jpg in the same folder as the powerpoint
file is saved in.

If I use a .jpg from an internet source for a Powerpoint class
presentation, I insert text with the URL of the source as well as the web
publisher's name. I believe we need to model good attribution habbits for
students both for images and for text quotations.

In some instances, I have opted to use Netscape Composer instead of
Powerpoint. Netscape is free and Composer works like a word processor.
When you are viewing a Netscape page you can get Composer by clicking File,
Edit File. Then Save. Then delete and insert as you wish. Pages can be
shown to a class from a folder on the hard drive using Netscape without
putting the files on-line. It is simplest to save the files and image files
together in the same folder so the images show up as linked.
Best Wishes
Marvin Bartel

---