Re: Great Workshop

---------

From: Geoffrey McClain (skygeoff_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 17:40:08 PST

Hi Sandy,
She showed us how to make a book in a box. The box was folded origami
style. We used black paper and drew on it with all kinds of cool new
markers and gel pens. Then we covered two squares of cardboard with
wonderful shiny paper and made folded origami pages that connected together
accordian style. I could send you the directions if you would like them. I
think the project would be hard to teach in a classroom setting. I find
that origami needs lots of one-on-one. So unless I had a bunch of parents
helping me I don't think I would attempt it even with my fifth graders.
However, I loved learning how to do it for myself.
We also made some fun pins that had double sided sticky stuff on the top.
We dipped the pins in teeny tiny clear glass (or maybe plastic?) beads and
they covered the surface. It made the pins looks very pretty - sort of
diffused. I kept imagining how likely the beads might spill and what a huge
mess they would make.
Definitely do ask Judy if you could have a Sax person do a workshop at your
school. It was really fun.
Sky

---