Re: Inkle Loom

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 08:51:22 PST

Laura Carey wrote:

> Hi all, have a question (ok, or 2)
> Anyhow, a few years back I had a grant and ordered an Inkle Loom from
> Sax. It is a really nice loom, but I have no idea what to do with it! I
> also have checked out my local library and no luck. I also did not see
> anything in the Sax Catalog (or the others that we are allowed to order
> from). Anyone have any ideas where I should look? Or a good resource?

Laura,

I've not tried inkle weaving, but our Spanish teacher does it as a hobby
and brought her loom in when my class was doing their weavings. My
Down's student was fascinated (she LOVED weaving, and was quite
proficient) and picked up on it right away. Here are some resources you
might look for:

The Off-Loom Weaving Book, Naumann and Hull, 1973 (probably out of
print, but check used book stores or alibris.com; I found my copy at a
used bookstore)
Inkle Weaving, Bress, 1990
Inkle Loom Weaving, Holland, 1973

The SCA's Web site might have some info; I found some great links to
card weaving there.

Maggie

---