Re: wedging clay- surface for. . .

---------

From: louise dawkins (ms_wez_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 18:56:56 PST

Boy am I glad to hear that I am not the only one. As
a matter of business I recycle clay for all the
sculpture classes. Each student is responsible to
recyclying the clay that they want to use. It teaches
them about responsibility, moisture content,
wedging/kneading, testing test tiles to determine if
it is high fire/low fire and general clean up. Many
of the elementary schools in the area drop off old
clay so I never have to buy any. It's great. Saves
money and never ending supply of clay.

Louise in VA