Re: art fee "formula"

---------

From: louise dawkins (ms_wez_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 18:38:44 PST

We collect a $10.00 fee for Intro
Art/Sculpture/Draw/Paint and a $35.00 fee for Photo.
The monies are receipted for by the individual
teacher. The fee's are then turned into the office to
be deposited to the art account. If the student has
failed to pay the fee by the first interim the
principal has given us (the teachers)permission to
give the students an E, letting the parents know that
the students need to pay this fee. If the students
have a hardship they can discreetly go to guidence and
have them send us a note. Otherwise before the end of
the 2nd semester we (the teachers) write out a debt
card in the student's name and SS# no. to go on file
if they ever transfer or graduate they will have to
pay this fee. The process is a headache but necessary
for the funds.

The teachers then use that money to buy supplies. All
supplies are required to have receipts.

Hope this helps.

Louise