Large Bed scanners - for Michelle

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 13:15:26 PST

Michelle - here is some large bed scanner info....from earlier posts. I
don't know if this is what you are looking for. These are posts I made to
the list in January.

Try Microtek Scanners:
http://www.microtekusa.com/prof.html

Scans up to 12" by 17"
http://www.microtekusa.com/sm9600xl.html

I have a Microtek flat bed scanner 8 1/2 x 14" and am VERY happy with it.
Our first scanner was IBM and it pooped out on us after about one year (or
so --- and it wasn't worth fixing it).

This is the model that I bought:
http://www.microtekusa.com/smx12usl.html
Saved $$ over the HP of the same size.

The other day, I posted the MicroTek large bed scanner -- I was just
looking through the new MicroWarehouse catalog -- and found one by UMAX -
PowerLook 2100XL - scans up to 12" by 17" - for $1299.95

No: IN9310 -- phone 1-800-597-6234
http://www2.warehouse.com/ed
(It may not be on their Web site)
I have a MicroTek Scanner -- It is great. As I posted the other day - mine
is 9" by 14" bed. The model I posted is a professinal version.
I like my MicroTek better than the IBM I used to have and bettter than the
HP I have a school. I also like the software bundle MUCH better

Judy

---