Re: Block Scheduling at Middle School Level--Suggested Models?

---------

From: Kathleen Shilson (kshilson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 10:49:18 PST

We are on the block schedule at the high school level.. not at the middle
level.. I teach both levels.. the middle school at least in our situation
and in the art class are to immature.. they can't handle 90 minutes of
classtime..five times a week.. you must remember for the most part these
kids have come from a year at the elementary where they saw the art teacher
for only one hour a week.. and sometimes not at all..today I see my 7th
graders for 45minutes five days a week for a whole semester and they tire of
this.. I hope this helps..
Wayne S