Re: summer camps

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 06:51:10 PST

In a message dated 02/18/2002 9:41:36 AM Eastern Standard Time,
rjritter@optonline.net writes:

> However we are considering working
> for a local university's summer camp art program this year. The director
> asked us what we expected to be paid, and I have no frame of reference. The
> camp runs for 8 weeks, with a morning and afternoon session of 30 students
> per class, ages ranging from 7-14 years old, from 8-4 p.m. I was hoping
> for some feedback from those of you on the list that have worked at summer
> camps. We appreciate your help.
>
> Thanks
> Jeanie (Long Island, NY)

Hi, Jeanie...are you the Jeanie with whom I took a course on the Art Barge a
few years ago? Friends with Rosanna? I good friend of mine has been the
art director for a big camp on LI for years. E-mail me privately and I will
get you in touch with her. She would definitely be able to help you with
that, as she also does the hiring of the art staff.
Susan on Long Island

---