summer camps

---------

From: Richard Ritter (rjritter_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 06:40:31 PST

I have been teaching at the HS level for 6 years, my husband is in the
process of getting his MS in secondary ed with art teacher certification.
We have never worked for a summer camp. However we are considering working
for a local university's summer camp art program this year. The director
asked us what we expected to be paid, and I have no frame of reference. The
camp runs for 8 weeks, with a morning and afternoon session of 30 students
per class, ages ranging from 7-14 years old, from 8-4 p.m. I was hoping
for some feedback from those of you on the list that have worked at summer
camps. We appreciate your help.

Thanks
Jeanie (Long Island, NY)

---