Re: Toaster ovens for Shrink art

---------

From: Linda Watson (lsw_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 17 2002 - 00:36:33 PST

The toaster ovens do work great for shrink art. I didn't use the Teflon sheet and didn't
have any problem with sticking. Our high school art classes did a project making pins.
They found a work of art they liked and tried to reproduce it (or at least interpret the style
of the artist). We orders the sheets from SAX and used Prismacolors. We sprayed them
with Crystal Clear after they cooled and attached pins to the back. I still wear The
Scream reproduction a student did. Not only did they have fun watching the plastic
shrink, but the learned about artists in the process.

Lindaw

---