RE: hate crime activities...hummmmm

---------

From: Berg, Renee (Renee.Berg_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 17 2002 - 12:15:04 PST

 Dennis said, "That is, they need direction from you,
they need parameters, and can be creative and freely expressive within those

parameters which you have established precisely so that they won't get
"hurt"
by provoking the wrath of authority figures or their peers....."

Dennis, I teach middle school. I agree with your comments and sometimes it
is so hard to find that line of what is acceptable and what is not.( for
them, not me) I always say if it promotes drugs, alcohol, sex or could be
read as being degrading to someone you can not do it here.

Renee Berg
6th,7th Art and 8th grade Art Tech
Mitchell Public Schools
Mitchell, SD