Summer Camp

---------

From: Ellen Silverman (mcguffsilver_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 17 2002 - 06:54:02 PST

Dear Jan,
    Unlimited budget WOW! I have never worked under those conditions.
Please report back how it goes. I have done summer camps arts and
crafts around a theme. For me it was the way to go, I really had fun,
the kids seemed to be doing ok too. One year it was the Reniassance, we
covered science, art, exploration. We did maps, made compasses, made
paper, books, pretended we were painting the Sistine Chapel's ceiling
(under the tables). That kind of stuff. Another year we did Mexico,
Pinatas, more murals, weaving, skeletons, pottery, plus Mayan math and
astrology. That year I practiced my Spanish vocab. everyday, all 20
words of it.
Have fun.
Ellen Silverman

---