Civil Rights

---------

From: Steven Hoke (salmon4me_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 16 2002 - 13:07:34 PST

I'm a student teacher racking his brain for a lesson for a beginning clay class. I'm trying to incorporate Civil Rights, more specifically hate crimes into my lesson. I'm not really sure WHAT kind of project to have them complete either. One of my problems is that I have a plethora of information on hate crimes relating to gay/lesbian/bi-sexual issues and black rights, but I have no real direction with the lesson. I'm looking for some ideas or suggestions so that I can bring this into my classroom with as little controversy as possible. In other words, I don't want to offend any of my students or bring out their sexual/racial leanings in a manner that may hurt or offend them. If anyone can help me, please respond to my e-mail--> salmon4me@yahoo.com
I would really appreciate any help or suggestions concerning a project or ways to bring the topic into my classroom that can be offered.
Thanks,
Steven "Hopes to be a Good Art Teacher" Hoke