Civil Rights Activities

---------

From: Steven (salmon4me_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 16 2002 - 13:00:48 PST

I'm a student teacher racking his brain for a lesson for a beginning clay
class. I'm trying to incorporate Civil Rights, more specifically hate
crimes into my lesson. I'm not really sure WHAT kind of project to have
them complete either. One of my problems is that I have a plethora of
information on hate crimes relating to gay/lesbian/bi-sexual issues and
black rights, but I have no real direction with the lesson. I'm looking
for some ideas or suggestions so that I can bring this into my classroom
with as little controversy as possible. In other words, I don't want to
offend any of my students or bring out their sexual/racial leanings in a
manner that may hurt or offend them. If anyone can help me, please
respond to my e-mail--> salmon4me@yahoo.com
I would really appreciate any help or suggestions concerning a project or
ways to bring the topic into my classroom that can be offered.
Thanks,
Steven "Hopes to be a Good Art Teacher" Hoke

---