Block Scheduling

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 16 2002 - 09:47:29 PST

Block scheduling is something that has been around for several years now. My
research indicates that it has made little difference in the learning
process.

Be careful and evaluate the process with scrutiny. I find districts just
coming on board now with the idea of using block scheduling --- I find they
see it as a way to reduce staff, with little regard for the student's
learning.
I would love to have 90 minutes with my art kids, but
it also means that some students will a have a year between level changes
and then you have to do a lot of re-teaching because of the time delay in
the sequence.

Just a warning to be aware that your administration is not using the block
plan in order to reduce staff.

Patty

---