Re: Block Scheduling at Middle School Level--Suggested Models?

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 16 2002 - 07:44:48 PST

Our middle school is set up opposite of what you describe. Our core classes
are in the mornings and are 45 minutes each. In the afternoon are our
"electives" (although they are required). There are 3 classes set up on a
rotation schedule, so my 7th graders rotate from art to technology to
keyboarding. 8th graders rotate from art to Kansas history to shop. These
classes meet every other day for 12 weeks. On the days they aren't with me
(or in my rotation schedule) they go to P.E. or careers (P.E. is set up on
2- 12 week rotations). We don't count anyone tardy the first week since they
get abit confused! *L* I love my schedule - 90 minutes is alot better than
45, especially when painting, printing, or clay work.
~Michal