Re: Shrinky Dinks - in Sax catalog

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 16 2002 - 07:09:05 PST

High school students could really push the possibilities - considering as it
shrinks it curls before flattening, they could pull it out while it's
curled. Symmetry could be explored - trying to achieve two identical pieces
for earrings or buttons. Two of my high school students came in yesterday
while we were putting our keychains on our shrinky dinks and they were
verbally envious, so I'll probably try something with them later on. Please
share any ideas you come up with! :-)
~Michal

> How can I use Shrinky Dinks plastic sold in the Sax catalog. I am teaching
Jewelry class at the High School.. I have 27, all female, students and the
age range is from 15 to 19 years old.We just finished a unit on beading-
bracelets, chokers and ankelets.