Re: art and physical development

---------

Heyjude5270_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sat Feb 16 2002 - 06:20:10 PST

In a message dated 2/15/02 9:45:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Iteachart7@aol.com writes:

> How do art activities encourage physical development ?

Working with K-4, I see the importance of art experiences every day in
children's physical development: eye-hand coordination, development of small
motor skills, development of visual skills and eye movement, all of which
build pre-reading and handwriting skills. I'm sure there are others, as well.
-judy

---