Re: Advisory Period--have it

---------

From: Trish Gorman (TrishGorman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 16:09:49 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: cemy@caribe.net
Subject: Advisory Period
We want to have instead Advisory period with a specific agenda. I was wondering if any of you have done this and whether you have a model for an advisory seminar

We do a middle school advisory period. This is our second year. It's every other day--seventh one day, eighth the next. Last year it was larger groups, but every day.
The staff say they like last year's model better.
There is a curriculum they were given, very thorough. I'm not sure many people used it very much--the touchy-feely stuff was foreign to most people. Now they do fun activities (Egg Launcher contests across advisories), homework days and free time play.
I can get you more info if you would like it.
Trish

---