Re: shrinky dink and us.....

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 15:41:35 PST

Can't say I remember watching "Winky Dink" as a child, but then again when I
was a kid our one and only tv tower iced up and broke so I didn't have ANY
tv for a couple of years. By the time it came back on I wasn't that
interested.

One interesting aspect of doing the shrinky dink lesson that I hadn't
counted on was that the bottles were clear where there wasn't any liquid and
when the shrinky dinks were baked they were clear just like the bottles -
they looked really cool! I distributed the key chains today for the kids to
attach - I don't think they really understood what was going to happen and
they now think I am really cool! :-)

I don't remember what art supply catalog I purchased my shrinky dink stuff
from - it came in a packet and didn't run more than $5 or $6 if I remember
right. I cut each piece in 1/2 and doubled my supply. You bake it at
175degrees for about 15 minutes in a regular oven - I don't know if it works
in a microwave.
~Michal