RE: A Valentine to teachers

---------

From: Rebecca Stone-Danahy (RebeccaStoneDanahy_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 05:56:04 PST

Fellow Educators,
I just read this morning that the cast of "Friends" will be receiving one
million dollars per episode to renew their contract for another year. This
is for 1/2 hour of entertainment to be viewed ONCE a week. It really says a
lot about our priorities as a society when we can pay stars and athletes
gross sums of money while we the teachers, who form the future stars and
athletes, are barely able to fund our programs or ourselves. I wish I had a
magic wand to pay us all what we deserve............

Becky in NC