Re: MUSIC in the art room

---------

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 05:26:14 PST

> I personaly think the Mozart Creative series would be a
> good choice. (I can't remember the official name, though.)
> There's also the theory that Baroque music is especially
> good for the creative mind. Myriam

I don't know if everyone gets this, but once in awhile some books, odds and
ends, notecards, and music stuff shows up to order and buy in our faculty
rooms. I just bought some great packs of Impressionist note cards with
envelopes. However, for $15 I bought a pack of five classical music
greats...six hours of music. Pretty awesome.

My classroom file cabinet has about 100cd's, and this will add to it. I
play a great variety of styles of music for my K-6 grades, so hopefully by
the time they are in highschool...they will have been enculturated to
challenge a bit less about the broad spectrum of music (as another art form)
that I play and less likely to challenge it.

Larry

---