re: fee for art class?

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (sidmill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 14 2002 - 18:33:56 PST

I have just raised the fees for all classes except for Art 1. Our
district has a slush fund that will cover anyone who can't afford it, but
I can just not make a big deal about a kid who comes to me and says he
can't afford it. However, if a kid is coming into my room every morning
with a cup of latte and tells me he can't afford the fee---I have to point
out ---GET REAL!! I think it's important for the kids to see that they
get to take out the materials they buy. Sid

# Sidnie Miller #
# Elko High School #
# College Avenue #
# Elko, NV 89801 #