Re: Elmo Visual Presenter

---------

From: lindacharlie (lindacharlie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 14 2002 - 14:02:32 PST

Ann, I only have the one ELMO so I can't tell you about others and their
cost-effectiveness. But with the EV-400F you can demonstrate anything from
drawing to slab construction to reading a story and showing the pictures on
screen. Our science teacher demonstrates his fetal pig disection on one. You
can have your supply list on screen when they walk in the door so they know
what to get ready. I've found a hundred uses for it and haven't used my
overhead in a year. By screen, I mean TV monitor, so whatever size screen you
have, that is what the kids see. The whole thing is about the same size as an
overhead projector and you can zoom in for detail or out for the bigger
picture. Since the camera swivels you can even point it out on the classroom
and the kids can watch themselves on TV. Seems to me it could work for puppet
shows or other performances too, although I've never tried it. To my mind,
cost-effectiveness relates to versatility, so if you're only planning to use
it for teaching drawing, a piece of paper taped to the board is a lot more
cost effective.
Linda in Michigan