Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: MUSIC in the art room

From: Rebecca Stone-Danahy (RebeccaStoneDanahy_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 14 2002 - 05:54:41 PST

I ordered them from
They have a ton of titles with the series to choose from. I tried to choose
music from various cultures that my students could relate to and some that
would be completely new to them. I have found all of the selections so far
to be upbeat and catchy. I recently played the "Gypsy Caravan" CD and my
students complained loudly. However, by the end of class I noticed several
were moving to the beat! I always live by the philosophy that the students
"only like what they know" and therefore I try to expose them to new things.
They can listen to their stuff and the radio anytime...just not in my class.